Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Many patients have questions about their endodontic care and root canals. We encourage and welcome your questions and have provided a selection of some common questions we hear. If your question isn’t answered here, please contact us for more information.
- What is an Endodontist?
- How do you know that I need a root canal?
- Do you need to take x-rays of my teeth for a root canal?
- What happens during a root canal?
- How will I feel after a root canal treatment?
- Why do I need to have my root canal retreated?
- What is an apicoectomy?
- When should I seek emergency dental care?
- It's the middle of the night, and I am having severe dental pain! What should I do?
- What are the advantages of root canal treatment?
- Does root canal treatment require any recovery time?
- What are the signs that a root canal has failed and requires retreatment?
- Will an infection of the root canal go away on its own without root canal treatment?
- What are the alternatives to root canal treatment or retreatment?